Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crafty Cuteness

Last Thursday, when I arrived home from work, my mumsy told me that my favorite boy had made me something at his summer day camp and when he came back from getting milkshakes with Pop-Pop he would give it to me.  One of the nifty things about my nephew is that he's a thoughtful little gift giver; it may not be a gift that would knock your socks off initially, but then he tells you why he chose it and your heart melts and you want to keep it forever.

A little while later he bursts in the door ready to play.  My mother had to call to him and remind him "Wasn't there something you wanted to do?" to which he responds "Oh, yeah" (can't you just feel the love already?).  He comes into the room and says "Here.  This is for you.  I made it."  I did the high-pitched excited voice thing and was all "Thank you!  I love it!"

I was informed that this is a coaster.  Of course I'm not going to use it as that and get it all dirty--I have to find a spot to display it.

But that's not the best part.  He then says to me, in this snarky little voice that most kids don't master until they're almost teenagers, "You're not the only one around here who can make things out of yarn."  My hyena laugh erupted because that one really tickled my funny bone.  But it got better when my mom told me that when he showed her what he made he said that he had the perfect thing to say when he gave it to me.  Eight years old, and the kid is already working on his one-liners.  

Have a happy Friday, folks!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful, he sounds like a really sweet kid. I bet you treasure that.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love him! Very very cute and smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to shrink him to pocket sized and carry him around with me all day every day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...