Thursday, February 16, 2012

For fun....

I was tagged by the lovely girls over at To Sew With Love, and I thought I'd play along. It's been a while since I told you random stuff about me in a list formation, anyhow.... :)

Random Things About Me

1.  When people trip/fall I laugh. Not if they're injured--I'm not some kind of sadist. But once I'm sure they're ok I collapse into fits of giggles (and sometimes snorts). It's just that it's such an unnatural state of being and it takes me by surprise (as well as them, I'm sure, as evidenced by the look on their face).

2. I once went through a super-crazy period where I was a major hypochondriac. I used to believe I had fibromyalgia, MS, diabetes, heart disease, and probably something else. It's amazing what WebMD can do to you if you let it. Thankfully I'm waaaaay past that.

3. I often wonder what I would be doing with all my time if I didn't have crafty adventures.I also wonder how much more money I'd have...

4. My favorite job I ever had was working retail. I worked in a pharmacy, and loved dealing with kooks, and cute little old people, and just people in general. I didn't mind the random hours then, but now I'd have a hard time working a holiday or a Saturday.

5. Snakes scare the holy bejesus out of me. I find nothing natural about them, and the way they move creeps me out. I honestly think I'd pass out if I saw one up close.

6. I keep music from a CD called "Strip Tease Classics" on my iPod for when I'm making something boring (like bias tape...ugh). It makes it so much more interesting and fun. But one must be mindful, especially when other people are in the house. Those moves aren't for everybody, bwahahahaha.

7. I don't think my dog likes me very much. I'm pretty sure I'm last on the snuggle list, and only then if no one else is around.

8. A lot of times I wonder just what in the hell is wrong with the world, and if I really want to one day bring children into it.

9. I'm pretty sure you want me on your trivia team.

10. My dad makes the most wonderful homemade onion dip. I literally cannot stop eating it when he makes it.

11. I decided that if I am ever on death row, my last meal request is going to be for my mamma's ravioli. Followed by a piece of German butter cake.

Next I have to answer the questions posed by the ladies, so here we go with that:

1. What's your favorite way of spending your weekend? With hot beverages and crafty adventures. Sometimes a book.

2. Coffee or tea and why? In the morning it's coffee, or no one would want to be around me. Any other time it's tea, because it makes me feel good.

3. Facebook or Twitter and why? Facebook. Because I don't have a Twitter account.

4. Is there anything pink within ten feet of you? Of course there is. A quilt and an afghan.

5. Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it? I actually let the rain do it.

6. Where were you and what were you doing last week at this time? I was laying on the couch, sneezing and coughing with a nasty cold.

7. Your dream vacation is? I have several. And they're all based on books and such (PEI from Anne of Green Gables, midwestern towns from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, stuff like that).

8. What is your favorite perfume? Pleasures by Estee Lauder

9. When drinking your soda, straight out of the can or in a glass? I always pour soda into a glass. When I drink it, which is rare. Someone told me once that ladies drink from glasses and that stuck with me (though I am far from a lady ;)

10. What is your favorite family tradition? Anything we do at Christmas time.

11. Muffin or cupcake and why? Cupcakes. They have icing.

Geez-a-lou this is longer than I thought. Now I need to pick eleven people. I am really bad at limiting my picks on things like this, so I'd like to open up the game to anyone who wants to play. Just leave a link in the comments if you do and I'll stop by. Now I need to list eleven questions for you to answer if you play.

Here goes...

1. What is the first craft you remember making?

2. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?

3. Would you rather spend a day with an insightful kid or a wise old person?

4. Would you/have you ever ridden a motorcycle?

5. Cats or dogs?

6. What's a fashion look you'd love to try but don't think you could pull off?

7. Do you bite your nails?

8. Quilts or afghans? Why?

9. If you could have dinner with a celebrity (movie star, politician, etc.) who would it be?

10. What was your favorite class in high school?

11. If you could splurge on one thing right now, what would it be?

I know that's a lot...if you made it this far, thanks :)  I do believe this is the longest post I've ever written... I'm hoping to have a new bag to share with you this weekend. Is it weird I'm really excited that I get to make piping? Happy Fri-deeeeeee!

6 comments:

  1. I won't play as I have a few posts stacked up, but fun read (really, the dog doesn't love you? Awwwww :'( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I laugh even more when the victim is a grown-up and even when he (usually a he) gets hurt like blood and all. But I try to be discreet and like laugh crazily out of sight.

    2. When would you ever be on death row???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting facts Bethany!! I am the same way about snacks....EWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know more about you now and I would have you on my trivia team. I love trivia quizzes but most of the stuff I know isn't accurate. I think I know the answer but then it's wrong! I always hope they'll have a craft or sewing section but it's usually sports or history :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snakes fact made me giggle, because I'm not a fan of snakes either.

    I played along and here's the link to my post: http://afishwholikesflowers.blogspot.com/2012/02/let-randomness-continue.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHA #6 had me laughing so hard. One of my cats is looking at me like I'm certifiable :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...