Thursday, November 1, 2012

Where's October?

A certain someone dropped by last night for a surprise visit.


Probably the cutest pirate ever, no? Wherever he is a certain someone is not far away, looking like he's standing guard but more likely wondering what the hell that little wiggly thing is.


On another note, is anyone else having that feeling that they slept through October? I mean...wow! Things have been busy around here--events on the home front, weddings and other parties, a certain belligerent super storm--but I've never before felt like I've missed an entire month. At work yesterday I was signing off on invoices when I realized "Hey! It's Halloween!" I've never been unaware of a holiday before.

And now I feel overwhelmed and like I'm running out of time. For what I know not. If I write everything down in a tangible form I have a very manageable to-do list. But now that I'm completely aware of the date and the weather has turned seasonal I feel like Christmas may as well be tomorrow. Perhaps some rhythmic dishcloth knitting is in order now. If my sister lived closer I'd go there and make her let me snuggle with the tot. Ain't no thang like a baby to soothe the nerves. As long as he's not crying and it's not four in the morning, that is. Because otherwise I'll just take my needles in hand and tell myself to chillax.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my .... he looks like a real Pirate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! I know what you mean, I can't believe it is almost the end of the year already, where did the time go?? My sister wants me to make her a T-shirt quilt for her upcoming 50th birthday and I haven't even started it yet! Plus I have several crochet projects I want to do, etc. etc. I better get busy! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there!
    I was wandering through your blog and came across this picture of your dog. Could you tell me what kind he is cause we have one that looks exactly like that! He's our Pound Puppy. My daughter bought him from the pound and they said he was a Bischon mix... we don't know what the 'Mix' is. Our's is the most loving, loyal dog... a great 'nap buddy'! I always said that when our two dogs are gone I want another one just like him but a female instead!
    Thanks for your help!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa--
      He's a cocker spaniel/poodle mix. He's a rescue, and while a little skittish he is absolutely the sweetest thing ever. He's not happy unless he's cuddling, and I think he can count because he will lay and stare towards the front door until everyone is home.
      I'm madly in love with him :)
      Hope this helps!
      Bethany

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...