Monday, July 21, 2014

What's This Decision: Blocks 17-20

There is a mosquito in my living room and it just bit my face. Fun times. Thought you'd like to know. There's a random intro for a random group of quilt blocks, eh? I'll keep this quick as I'm almost finished joining the squares for a crocheted baby blanket and I'm so over it that I just need to get it finished so I can make more of these quilt blocks. So here they are.

I'm calling this block "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." Hehehe...

"Mother, this pea soup is divine."
Crickets chirping...
"It's chicken noodle."

This one is called 'The Sound of Music.' Do you need a moment to ponder? If you have the same look my mother and sister did when I showed them you might need a few, and then a couple seconds for a massive eye roll. When Maria is teaching the children to sing and the song goes "When you read you begin with ABC..." And then you have "Tiiiii----a drink with jam and bread!"... And then the music notes because they're singing. Soooo.....yeeeaaahhhhh....

This block here represents my dream kitchen. Vintage and colorful and adorable. If I could marry this block I would, and I'm not even going to apologize for how strange that sounds.

I can't wait to get back to working on these. A bunch of stuff cropped up that has made it near impossible to work on these, but I see the pile of fabric every day, and can almost hear it calling to me. Ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love 'Don't pull all your eggs in one basket" and the vintage kitchen one. Did your mother also force split pea soup and lentil soup on you regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! And just so you know... my upperarm shows me that there's a fat and happy mosquito hiding somewhere in our bedroom. Sodding mozzies...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...