Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ladylike Pullover in White

At some point in August I decided I wanted to make a sweater. Yes, during one of the hottest months I wanted to make a garment out of yarn. I spent some time perusing the internets and finally settled on this sweater on the Lion Brand website, and this yarn in white. After a few false starts on the size I was on my way. I did lengthen it a bit for my long torso and some tush coverage, but that was the only real adjustment I made to the pattern (other than not doing the full cowl neck). The sleeves as written were not going to suit me, so I kind of just created my own sleeve pattern of plain stitches with regular increases as I went along. I was beyond thrilled when I tried it on and it fit. I don't know why, but I'm always surprised when that happens with clothing I make.

Wanna see?


I wish the sleeves were just the teeniest bit longer as I like them overly long, but these are a perfect fit as is so it's certainly no issue. The whole thing is worked in the round for the most part, so the only seams you have to join are the underarm seams. I don't think it's possible to be easier than that.


That lacy top part goes all the way around. Now that I'm thinking of it this sweater has no front or back--each is totally the same. You'd almost be able to wear it inside out if it wasn't for the underarm seams.


I'm so pleased with the fit (though a few less pounds will make it just right). I wanted it to be snug and feminine and a tiny bit sexy, but not frilly or scarce in certain areas. I am so very pleased with how it came out. The pattern was free (you just have to join the website) and the yarn was quite economical (and washed up super soft) so I feel I really have myself a steal of a sweater for a little money and some time.


Next up I'll show you the direct opposite of this sweater. I feel it has enough switches to be a king-sized afghan, but it's a mere sweater. See you soon, kids!

5 comments:

  1. That is a great sweater and it looks great on you. I crouchet and love it, put I am re-learning how to knitt and my first project is socks from the toe up using circular needed. Not having any progress at this time, but still working on it. Most be how I am increasing or mising stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bethany, I am impressed! It is beautiful and looks great on you! You have a darling figure!!!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lacy look! It's cozy but still feminine. I like extra-long sleeves on my sweaters too, until I'm trying to cook in it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks sooooo good on you! I have urang utang arms, so yay for long sleeves! I can see this sweater also work with a solid coloured camisole or longsleeve underneath if it gets colder. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...